Close Up.. but 'not quite macro'.

Discussion in 'Black And White' started by KenS, Jan 14, 2017.

1. KenS

KenS Active Member

retired REGISTEREDbilogical Pho
    Hasp.jpg
    Having spent a lot of 'career-time' making close-up images of a wide variety of 'biological' subjects, I am still willing and able to get close up and make an image of something that I believe may make (to my eye) an 'object of interest'. All too often, we seem to take a greater interest of much wider vistas.... and somehow we forget that getting up close and somewhat 'intimate' with a smaller object outside of the 'table-top' can be just as visually 'rewarding'. This was a hasp on a door which (if my ageing memory serves me well enough) I have already posted. This image is around 75% of the actual size of the hasp. The somewhat obvious 'holes' can be taken as firm evidence that, at some time in the past, someone has taken umbrage... and made a poor attempt at 'killing' the barn door.

Image was recorded in the early evening sunlight, on Kodak Plus-X behind my 240mm Sironar for 1/15 second @ f16+1/3 and given normal development in Pyrocat HD in BTZS tubes.

Ken

2. KenS

KenS Active Member

Parked.jpg
    A cast iron hitch 'parked' where it might not 'tripped' over... or perhaps forgotten on the west side of a small shed on a long abandoned Albertan prairie farm.

Exposure was 1/60th @ f11+1/3 onto Kodak Tri-X behind my Rodenstock 240mm Sironar when mounted on a Linhof monorail for an early summer afternoon exposure. Film processed as 'normal' in Pyrocat HD using BTZS tubes.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  3. Richard Warom

Richard Warom Member

Retired
    Lovely light and very sharp I like it Ken.

4. KenS

KenS Active Member

PinkClematis.jpg

Alas... without my neighbour's permission, I snuck into his back yard with my camera and tripod one evening while they were out 'shopping'... (my bad!) to make one exposure of this 'group of four' light pink Clematis flowers in the 'shade'... with the early evening light, under a clear blue sky, about three quarters of an hour before the sun was due to 'sink' below the western horizon. I WAS forgiven after pleading 'guilty' to my minor transgression and they received a 'gifted' (matted and ready to frame) final print.

Exposed to Plus-x for 1/2 second @ 1/3 stop below f16 behind my 240mm Rodentstock Sironar and developed as "Normal" in Pyrocat HD in BTZS tubes.

Ken

5. KenS

KenS Active Member

DiamondRing2.jpg

We ‘collar’ the dog, ‘bell’ the cat, and willingly put a ring in the bull’s nose… all for a given purpose. I have, however, been unable to come up with any purpose … or an acceptable reason for this object to the side of an old and somewhat well weather-beaten farm shed door.

Exposure was onto Kodak Plus-X behind the 240mm Rodenstock Sironar on my Linhof monorail and, after a few months of being ‘lost’, was found hiding under a pile of ‘emptied’ film holders awaiting ‘dusting-out’ and re-loading. I seem to have either misplaced or torn out the ‘details page’ of this exposed sheet of film, but went ahead and developed as ‘normal’ in Pyrocat HD in BTZS tubes.

Ken

6. Keith Haithwaite

Keith Haithwaite Active Member

Perhaps it meets up with a conveniently place hook to keep the door in the open position? Not the conventional orientation but why not!;)

7. KenS

KenS Active Member

THANKS Keith.. ANOTHER OPTION WAS OFFERED BY photographer 'FRIEND.. who has decided it dwas used for hitching a rope to the nearby fence post to reduce the chance of the shed being blown across the yard by the 120+ km/hr Chinook wind from the west.

Ken

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  8. Keith Haithwaite

Keith Haithwaite Active Member

:)

9. Bill Martindale

Bill Martindale Member

My 10 cents, (well Ken is Canadian) if it is about 4 feet off the ground it is for tethering a horse for grooming. Whatever it is it is still a fine shot.