Is it me or are other having problems posting photos?

Discussion in 'Discussion About The Forum' started by Stephen Batey, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Stephen Batey

Stephen Batey Well-Known Member

None (retired)
    A couple of hours ago I made a double post. Here's why.

I posted a couple of photos, but after the post appeared the images were obviously too large, so I attempted to edit the post the replace the photos. I have no idea how it happened, but I then ended up with three photos. On the next attempt at editing, despite deleting the photos, I was left with the IMAGE tags for then (complete with file names) in the body of the post. I then deleted the post and tried again.

This time I was more or less successful, except that there was some sort ot progress bar on the top right of my screen that was hanging. So I hit the submit button again. I then found that I had double posted.

A couple of minutes ago I posted another photo (same thread) and got the same hang - progress bar showing, no other activity. So I opened another window on the forum, and found my post had indeed appeared - despite the lack of activity and failure to return in the original windowm which I've now closed.

I'm using Firefox, which crashes when I attempt to post in some forums, but I've been using it all along without problems here. Except for now.

2. Ian-Barber

Ian-Barber Administrator Staff Member

Home Page:
    I haven't had any issues on safari. Could it be a Firefox issue, would clearing the caches help ?

3. Keith Haithwaite

Keith Haithwaite Active Member

I always use Firefox and have had no issues Stephen.

4. Stephen Batey

Stephen Batey Well-Known Member

None (retired)
    Looks like the problem might not have been down to Firefox (see Forum Tweaks). I have had it again since I started this thread, but I'm now expecting it to be OK after seeing Ian's post..

Ian-Barber likes this.