Kodak HC110 Question

Discussion in 'Talk About Developing Film' started by Ian-Barber, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Ian-Barber

Ian-Barber Administrator Staff Member

Home Page:
    Currently, for Fomapan 100 I am using a dilution ratio of 1:75 which for 1000ml of chemistry which equates to 13ml of developer and 987ml of water. The development time for this combination is 12 minutes.

To make life a little easier when it comes to measuring, I was thinking whether I could use 15ml of developer and 985ml of water which would give a dilution ratio of 1:67

Having increased the developer by 2ml would in theory increase the strength.

The question is, would I need to reduce the initial 12 minute developing times or would the extra 2ml have any noticeable effect ?

2. Keith Haithwaite

Keith Haithwaite Active Member

What is it you find difficult to measure Ian? I believe you use a syringe to measure the syrup - in which case I can't see why measuring 15ml is any easier than measuring 13ml. Regarding measuring the water, 2ml either way in that total quantity isn't going to make a measurable difference in my opinion. In fact, unless you have laboratory grade measuring cylinders, I would be surprised if you can accurately get within 2ml of 987!

3. Ian-Barber

Home Page:
    I am going through syringes left right and centre. The black rubber plunges keep coming off.

I have a small measuring cup which goes up in 5 ml increments and is labeled at the 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 marks so I was thinking it would be easier just to pour out 15ml up to the mark

4. Keith Haithwaite

Keith Haithwaite Active Member

I've never had any problems with the plungers Ian, the natural 'lubricant' in the plastic gets leeched out over a period and they get a little stiff but I've never lost one yet. This is where I bought 20ml ones from.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182158908974?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=483776215565&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

After use I wash & dry them and leave them apart until needed then I just wet the rubber and reassemble them. The trick is to draw the syrup in slowly past the mark you want then eject the buuble of air and syrup until you have got to your mark then squeeze it into the water. A precise and repeatable measure every time and no worries about making sure the cup is drained etc but you have to work in a way that suits you of course. :)

5. Ian-Barber

Home Page:
    Thanks keith, I will order some and see how they compare to the ones I got.