Terms & Conditions Updated

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Ian-Barber, May 14, 2018.

1. Ian-Barber

Ian-Barber Admin Staff Member Registered User

Home Page:
    As you maybe aware, the law is changing on May 25th 2018 regarding information stored on websites.
    I have updated the 5x4.co.uk terms and conditions to try and make it more transparent as to how we store data on the forum.

Click to read the updated terms and conditions

Should you have any questions, then please contact us using the link to the contact form at the very bottom of the website.

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Active Member Registered User

Home Page:
    I thought the site was Yorkshire base so is covered by Dane Law :D

Talking to the Admin of a much larger website/forum recently it seems that they have to ask "Permission" to store any personal data so a blanket email will be sent out, they've also had to add SSL.

While there's logic to policing personal data there's also a reality that sites like this don't gather much useful to others, but we don't want our contact details being sold or passed to third parties without explicit permission. That's any forum or website we join, not specific to here.

Ian

3. Ian-Barber

Home Page:
    Although having SSL is a way forward I think it o only becomes compliant if the website is actually setup as an commerce website.

very true, we are a very tiny fish on the internet but having said that I will try to do as much as required to keep the people upstairs happy.

Like any website/forum, implementing such things like SSL Certificates do come at a cost and I guess the large forums will have revenue from Google Adwords and possibly advertisers.

4. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Active Member Registered User

Home Page:
    I'd have to double check but I think the SSL Certificate was $11 a year for a site that dwarfs this one by more than a thousand fold, so not expensive or unaffordable.

Ian

5. Ian-Barber

Home Page:
    $11 a year sounds reasonable