What Do You Do With Your Final Prints

Ian-Barber

Admin
I have been looking at various members websites and I have to say there are some really inspiring large format work work out there.

I was wondering what happens to your final prints, do you sell, exhibit them or just store them away in your archives.

If by "exhibit" you mean "stick on your wall", then in my case, at different times, all three. I also have a fourth possibility - give them away. I found one of my prints was admired when I went on a workshop (a portfolio workshop, hence we all had prints with us) and I went away with one less than I arrived with.

I have also given images away, I had a local exhibition in a Library which was quite interesting but expensive at the same time because I cut mounts for each one.

I have boxes in the cupboard full of small prints, 7x5, 8x10 etc and about 6 framed photographs on the wall

I have a formal portfolio, boxes of prints that weren't "portfolio worthy", a few framed prints of my own on the walls of my home (many more by photographers I admire), give 'em away, and occasionally sell one or two.

I occasionally sell, but I exhibit a lot, between 2 and 8 times a year... I have 2 now at the lightbox gallery "Heavy Metal II" show in Astoria, Oregon. 'hope to sell ; )

Back