Zero Images 4x5 pinhole

Discussion in 'Pinhole' started by Isabel, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Isabel

Isabel Active Member

For anyone who is interested in another 4x5 pinhole camera. I am also trying the one from Zero Images. I do like the modular approach with simply adding "frames" for longer focal length. I also like the possibility of attaching a cable release which allows for slightly shorter exposure times. What I am not too impressed with is the longevity of the rubber bands - better always have some spare ones with you. But the quality of the files is really excellent - I think ;-).
    In general I feel that starting with 4x5 by using pinhole cameras is a really nice and easy (and not too expensive) way to find out if Large Format is for you - it definitely is for me :-D.

Here some examples taken with 50mm focal length - so one additional "frame".
    Both TMAX100, developed in DD-X, scanned and finally processed (dodge&burn and tone) in Lightroom

20160727_TMAX100_Zero45_0000062-PS.jpg 20160820_TMAX100_Zero45_0000070-PS.jpg

2. alexmuir

alexmuir Member

Excellent images, Isabel. I tried a 35mm pinhole camera, but it was quite limited. It makes sense to use bigger film. Thanks for your thoughts on this camera. It's useful to hear of actual user experience.
    Alex.

3. Isabel

Isabel Active Member

@Alex: Thanks :) I also tried a 6x12 cm panorama pinhole which was quite convenient as you could use 120 film but I have to admit that I much prefer the 4x5, just gave the best quality.

LEO likes this.