Dispensing small quantities.

David M

Very Active Poster
We often need to dispense small amounts of liquid and this can be fiddly, messy and inaccurate.
I found these, which might be useful. They come with a stepped collar that fits into the neck of most bottles and you simply invert the bottle to withdraw the right amount.. I found that it didn't fit all bottles. They might even be left in place permanently, as a stopper, in such things as wetting agent and stop-bath concentrate.

https://www.ampulla.co.uk/Shop-For-Plastic/Plastic-Measuring-Scoops-&-Jugs/c-1-170-284/

Previous replies disappeared ;D

Those syringes and adaptors would be useful if I used bottle with narrow necks, I'm using Ilford bottles though for my Pyrocat HD. I still have quite a few Photocolor 10 or 12ml graduates that came with each colour chemistry kit.

The syringes used for re-filling Ink cartridges are useful with the long blunt needles but not always an ideal size. A quick look on Ebay and 20ml syringes are 99p including free postage, cheaper still if you buy a few. I typical use 5ml, 10ml and 20ml for mixing developer.

Ian

Yes, it's the shaped bung that was the interesting part. Presumably it would be possible to set up something similar for other bottles, but perhaps not worth the trouble.

Actually those syringes on the Ampulla site are expensive, the same ones are on Ebay at half the price. I've found some 20ml syringes with blunt needs and it's only £4.29 for 10 inc postage. I'm not sure the bottle plugs are going to seal with most plastic bottles.

Ian

Not really critical, but useful to know. The Ampulla range seems quite large and I did wonder if they also had containers suitable for holding easily-oxidised chemicals although I'm not sure how to distinguish them. You will recall that we discussed this subject a little while ago.
I was certainly attracted by the minimum quantity of one. It makes experiment easier.

Back