Following the river

Keith Haithwaite

Oh dear Mathieu, this falls a long way below your usual standard and I'm struggling to understand it. It seems to be almost a whole negative scan judging by the film holder intruding into the frame and there has been a light leak on the end of the negative. The reflections are almost lost in an overall grey whilst the river bank looks like my hair on a bad day. Sorry Mathiew but it's not for me I'm afraid but I'm often told I have no vision.:(

Jonathan Woods

I kind of see the whole tree reflection thing and the 'roots' above them, but otherwise I tend to agree with Keith. The tonal range and contrast are not lending themselves to the subject matter here for me. Sorry!

Mathieu Bauwens

Don't be sorry guy's. It was a test of this film, done a few yaers ago. My skills in printing and scanning were not very very good.

I tried to show something else of my production, and i'm glad you tell your thoughts, it's like that we all can learn and upgrade.

martin henson

Admin
Staff member
Looks very good turned upside down with only the reflection showing.

A few years ago I took one very simular and did the above, I have sold that image lots of times so proves to be popular as a more "arty* image than just a photo

Mathieu Bauwens

If I remember well, I think I was scannig with my DSLR at the time...maybe it explains the poor contrats and the light leake. I plan to go back to the lab soon with thi picture to see what I can take from it !