Hello from Oxfordshire

James T

Popular Poster
Hello,
I'm fairly new to 5x4 photography, got a Graflex Crown Pacemaker around the start of the year and just recently an Intrepid MK3. I also shoot most other film formats from half-frame up to 6x9.

Welcome. You must have got the bug, to get yourself two cameras already. What kind of images do you make?

What kind of images do you make?
Primarily landscape, at the moment only B&W for large format as colour 5x4 is ridiculously expensive and I'm still at the making mistakes stage.
Problem was with the Graflex, it let me realise that I liked large format, but the lack of adjustability (e.g. no downward tilt of the front standard) was very frustrating.

Hi James,
welcome to the forum!

Primarily landscape, at the moment only B&W for large format as colour 5x4 is ridiculously expensive and I'm still at the making mistakes stage.
Problem was with the Graflex, it let me realise that I liked large format, but the lack of adjustability (e.g. no downward tilt of the front standard) was very frustrating.

Welcome.

The Pacemaker Crown and Speed Graphics do have forward front tilt but you have to drop the front focus bed then adjust by reverse tilt, it's not really enough though which is why I use a Super Graphic rather than my Crow n Graphic (which I leave in Turkey). I have a pre-Anniversary and a Pacemaker Speed Graphic but these are used with shutter-less lenses.

Any problems I'm not far way :D

Ian

Back