Hello

John Farnan

Hiya,
Joined the forum a little while ago however I keep forgetting about it.
Been a film shooter on and off for decades however got more on again a few years back
My kit
hasselblad for medium format
MPP technical mkvi for large
35mm loads of odds and sods however do have a love of old minolta kit :)

welcome, I'm another occasional MPP user MkIII & MkVII also a Microcord.

Ian

welcome, I'm another occasional MPP user MkIII & MkVII also a Microcord.
Thanks Ian,
I do like my MPP however as am sure you know its a bit on the heavy side ;-) I "upgraded" my mkvi to the mkvii back with gives me a bit more flexibility.
When I need to travel a bit lighter its always the blad thats packed

Welcome John, both my MPP MkVII & MkVIII had some exercise this week (only because I couldn't be bothered to change lens boards :rolleyes:).

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, John. I don't shoot with an MPP, but I do use LF cameras from 5x4 to 10x8 and a few different MF cameras.

Welcome. Do you have some work to show us? We are always pleased to see new work.

Hi John good to see another new member. i've gone the route myself using just about all the film sizes,
joe

Welcome. Do you have some work to show us? We are always pleased to see new work.
Hi David,
Three images here
2 x large format and 1 x medium
I work mostly with long exposures especially when shooting at f45 ;-)
these range from a few seconds through to 8 hours.
Th moon rising over Marsco was an 8 hour exposure as the moon rose over the hills. The clouds came in around half way and changed how the exposure looked

Attachments

• cottage-glencoe-john-farnan.jpg
    cottage-glencoe-john-farnan.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 30
  • john_farnan_-1-13.jpg
    john_farnan_-1-13.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Marsco-moonrise.jpg
    Marsco-moonrise.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 30
I like the Glen Coe image best!
Thanks Folker :) I like that one also an hour or 2 prior to this shot the cloud was sitting about 100 feet above the ground. It was starting to look good by this point :)

Some good stuff there and very varied. Well done.

Like Mono, I like the Glen Coe image, too. Very nice use of the square format!

A somewhat late "welcome' to the forum John. Your photograph of Glen Coe reminds me of the may times I spent days hiking in Glen Coe in my late teen years....and visiting the old abandoned church (so close to the water's edge) where James Stewart's remains 'rest' after he was hung for the murder of Red Fox.

Ken

Last edited:
Hiya,
Joined the forum a little while ago however I keep forgetting about it.
Been a film shooter on and off for decades however got more on again a few years back
My kit
hasselblad for medium format
MPP technical mkvi for large
35mm loads of odds and sods however do have a love of old minolta kit :)

John.
Now 'retired"(from 'working for a living) I no longer any access to the Hasselblad I used to use when a 'working Photographer.. I only find a use my Linhof 4x5 and much experienced 8x1O 'woodie'
I was doing some 'cleaning up in my darkroom recently..and came across a Hassie "Sports view finder". (80, 50 and 250mm FOV. If you (or anyone you know) could make use of it, it is being offered for the cost of shipping it across the Atlantic rather than trying to 'recover the 'market value' on Ebay

Ken

PS there's also an old FR 4x5 developing tank free for the asking. :cool:

Back