Hi

Nick Rowland

Popular Poster
Hello,

Just to introduce myself. I am recently retired and now have the time to get deeper into photography again. Although using digital, I continued to use 35mm film and develop myself. I decided to explore LF and about a two years ago I purchased a Lancaster Instantograph Half Plate for wet plate and recently purchased a Shen Hao TZ45-IIB for film and paper.

I enjoy experimenting and have been playing with Direct Positive Paper, obtaining rather variable results :) I am also making a 5x4 back to fit the half plate camera using a Graflok backfrom an old Crown Graphic.

Cheers
Nick

Welcome to the forum Nick. Looks like you are going to have a busy retirement.

Bill

Welcome. I was looking at a Lancaster Instatograph half plate camera this morning at the Camera Fair I go toeen more than I'd have wanted to pay and I've enough to restore anyway :D

I made an adapter to take modern 5x4 DDS it inserts like a a Book form holder, I corrected the register to match the GG screen of my half plate Houghton Duchess. The DDS are held in place in the adapter with sliders like a Graflok back.

Ian

Welcome, Nick! Being retired sure gives us more time to "play" with those things we didn't have time for before. Enjoy!!

My skills aren't accurate enough for that Ian :), I just made a frame that replaces the half plate frame and don't have to worry about the register as the Graflok has its own screen.

Thanks folks, hopefully my retirement will be photographically busy :)

Back