Hickleton Hall

Ian-Barber

Admin
Staff member
Hickleton Hall is a Grade II* listed Georgian country house in Hickleton, South Yorkshire, England, lying some 6 miles (10 km) west of Doncaster. For over 50 years (until 2012) it has been a Sue Ryder Care home but is now being converted to luxury apartments.

It was constructed in 1745-1748 of limestone ashlar with graduated slate roofs. The main range has a seven-bay frontage with flanking pavilions.

The present Hall was built in 1745-1748, just to the south of the original house, by architect James Paine for Godfrey Wentworth of Woolley, near Barnsley, who had bought the estate c.1730.

Hickleton Hall (2).jpg

Chamonix 045N-2
Fomapan 100 Rated at 100
Kodak HC-110 developer, 12 minutes

Keith Haithwaite

An unusual viewpoint Ian with the wall competing with the building for attention. There are some nice tones in the image but it's too soft for my taste. I know there are those that think sharpening a scanned film image is akin to dancing with the devil but selective sharpening is needed here and would work wonders for the picture imho.

I've just been looking at the website - someone must have a serious amount of money to resurrect this place.:cool: