Lockdown 210

SomersetCookie

Three lockdown shots taken at home yesterday using the Schneider Kreuznach 210mm Symmar-S 5.6. on my MPP MKVIII with Fomapan 100. This is the first time I have used this lens, and thought I would try some relatively close-up shots and understand the depth of field of the lens. With regards to the bath tap, I wish I had used the lens fully open at f5.6 as I was trying to get a very shallow depth of field with sharp focus only on the label of the cold tap. Having read about the extremely shallow depth of field and an optimum f stop of f22, I shot it at f11 and 1sec having allowed an extra stop for the bellows extension, and it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted, but I am learning. The old theatre lamps are some that I have just recently restored during lockdown and fitted on an old theodolite stand that a friend of mine found in a skip and gave to me as he thought it was an old camera tripod.

Attachments

Ian Grant

The tap shot could ahve benefited from some front or rear swing to get the plane of focus arcoss the front of the other tap handle as well as the centre tap, perhaps a little shift as well to bring the left tap into the frame more. Might be worth a play and then f8.

Ian

SomersetCookie

The tap shot could ahve benefited from some front or rear swing to get the plane of focus arcoss the front of the other tap handle as well as the centre tap, perhaps a little shift as well to bring the left tap into the frame more. Might be worth a play and then f8.

Ian
Thanks for your comments Ian, they are noted.