Lumsdale Valley Waterfall

Alan9940

Carl, love the lines and tones in this photo; especially how the twisting limb in the foreground mimics, in an opposing way, the crossing lines in the waterfall. Very nice!

Ian-Barber

Admin
Staff member
Very nice Photograph Carl and I enjoyed reading the Journal. Did you make any photographs of the Mills

Alan9940

Carl, just read the write up regarding this photo. Speaking from years of experience working in or around water and slippery rocks, you may want to think about spikes to replace the rubber feet on your tripod. The spikes make getting some sort of foothold much easier IMO; plus they're better on terra firma in windy conditions because you can drive them into the ground.

D_M_J

Excellent photograph Carl, nice to read the background of it too in your journal.

Carl Hall

Thank you for all the replies everyone :)

Carl, love the lines and tones in this photo; especially how the twisting limb in the foreground mimics, in an opposing way, the crossing lines in the waterfall. Very nice!
Thanks Alan, I hadn't noticed that myself but it's an interesting point. Thanks :)

Very nice Photograph Carl and I enjoyed reading the Journal. Did you make any photographs of the Mills
Cheers Ian. I took a couple photos of the old ruins, but they didn't really work out for me in the end. This was the only image I was happy with from the valley.

Carl, just read the write up regarding this photo. Speaking from years of experience working in or around water and slippery rocks, you may want to think about spikes to replace the rubber feet on your tripod. The spikes make getting some sort of foothold much easier IMO; plus they're better on terra firma in windy conditions because you can drive them into the ground.
I'll look into this, cheers. An old tripod I had used to have had rubber feet that you could wind down to expose the spikes inside. I'm thinking about getting a new tripod soon because mine's a bit old and squeaky, so spiked feet is something I'll look out for with the new one :)

An excellent shot Carl, your decision to go with the wellington option was correct. :)
Cheers Andy! Wellies are always the correct option ;) They're not great at keeping the toes warm, so they're not so great in the winter though!

A smashing picture Carl.
Thanks Keith :)

Excellent photograph Carl, nice to read the background of it too in your journal.
Thank you!

A lovely photo Carl,
Thanks Richard!