MPP Micro-Technical 5x4 help please!

Stanley_Film_Photography

Hello, I'm new to LF photography and have recently purchased an MPP from .. eBay. I know, buyer-beware and all that.

I've only just started getting to grips with it and already something has gone wrong... the main camera tracking seems to have come off the rail, and pushed its base backwards so that it protrudes form the rear body of the camera, and the case won't close properly; the pinch and pull levers don't allow it to move freely on the slide-rails, nor do the focus wheel work!

It was working fine yesterday. Or seedm to be. Is there a way of correcting these problems or do I need to get a repair?? And if so, can anyone recommend a reasonable repair-shop please!?

Many thanks

Robert

Ian Grant

Hi Robert and welcome. I can't understand quite what you mean I have a MkVII in front of me so photos will help.

Ian

Stanley_Film_Photography

Hi Ian, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I've left the studio now for the day but will send post some photos tomorrow. Basically, it looks as if the front standard has come off its rail(s), and has pushed the base out of whack and backwards, so that it protrudes out the back, meaning the rotating back/glass won't sit flush.. nor will the front close.

Thanks again!

Ian Grant

I've just looked at a MkIII that came in parts largely disassembled witha complete MkIII not bad for £70. I have found it's easy to take the rear track bits apart and reassemble, I've done it with the MkIIII & MkVII and it takes a few seconds when you know how.

You'll realise how you've done it as well, we'll speak in the morning talk you through it :D

Ian

Ian Grant

I've just looked at a MkIII that came in parts largely disassembled witha complete MkIII not bad for £70. I have found it's easy to take the rear track bits apart and reassemble, I've done it with the MkIIII & MkVII and it takes a few seconds when you know how.

You'll realise how you've done it as well, we'll speak in the morning talk you through it :D

Ian

It's entirely your fault Robert - starting this thread :) I've now rebuilt the parts MkIII, after first stripping off the old covering, it's now re-covered in a deep navy blue and looks great :D

Ian