Nostell Priory Parkland

Keith Haithwaite

Following on from Martin's comment here http://www.5x4.co.uk/threads/first-attempt-at-portraits.235/#post-1500 about posting images in the forum here's one I made yesterday. I've been doing some tests with Fomapan 100 to confirm my own processes with this film and there is nothing like a field test to back up the theory.

Parkland-G-F-Web.jpg
Shen Hao 5x4, Rodenstock 210mm f5.6, 1/30th sec @ f16
Fomapan 100 rated at ISO 50
HC-110 Dilution F for 12 mins @ 20 deg.
Slight forward lens tilt.

Ian-Barber

Admin
Staff member
Nice keith. Did you see any difference by rating the film @ 50 but keeping to the same development time (12 mins) as you have done in the past when rating it at ISO 100

Keith Haithwaite

........Did you see any difference by rating the film @ 50 but keeping to the same development time (12 mins) as you have done in the past when rating it at ISO 100
Thanks Ian. I was a little dissatisfied with previous tests rated at 100. Being very much 'old school' I like a bit of meat on the bones and they were just were not to my taste whereas this neg more or less fits the bill. There's a touch more meat and a tiny bit more flavour, sorry, contrast in this neg so it suits me better - but that's just me. ;)