Salt

Darren Lewey

Popular Poster
On ongoing project at the first rest point whilst bellows are replaced. It concerns salt basins in Morocco, satisfying some of my main thoughts on projects; ones that allow repeat visits, provide a compositional puzzle and also appear to be something fresh or new in aesthetic value. 180mm lens mostly f22-32. T-Max 100. Scanned with a V800. Also the images were taken during strong daylight sunlight hours which usually is a no go but the location and use of B&W allows this possibility.
https://essaouiraimages.viewbook.com/album/nl

Last edited:
I like these kind of images and the fact that you had very strong hard lighting and heat must have been challenging and I think you have pulled this off very nice. What was your choice of developer for the T-Max Darren.

Thanks Ian, Pyrocat. Yes about 30 degrees at this time of year. Also the wind is tricky. It should be interesting after rain.

Nice set. I find it's important to work that way it brings coherence to work, rather than a series of random images.

Ian

Thanks Ian, that's partly one limitation of social media in that single images thrive. For me, that single image means little unless I can access a surrounding set as it reinforces the photographer's vision. I would also place a large emphasis on composition which for me is another definer. Again in the social media domain, often colours, lighting and subject all generate appeal at the expense of composition.

Back