Wayford Wood - Abandoned Building

Carl Hall

I found this interesting little farm building which had been abandoned and was falling to bits. I saw a piece of the roof lying on the floor covered with dirt and sticks, and I thought it would be a good subject to practice using movements on. The first image I used some tilt to get the entire length of the roof panel in focus, and the second one I used some tilt to try and isolate a small section of the panel. Nothing too interesting really, but it was a very useful subject for me to learn about movements.

If you are wondering, yes it's the same building that I took the colour photo of the window in (here). In fact, this photo was taken about 10 feet away from the window to the right :D

Wayford Wood
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

Wayford Wood
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

Diz

I think abandoned buildings are purpose made for LF. Especially over this neck of the woods. We have nearly as many derelicts as habitable dwellings. Like the second one a lot as its made me think of a image to be had in our old dance hall. Thanks Carl;)
Cheers
Diz

Carl Hall

Live the effect of the tilt, I presume its front axis tilt upward
I think that's right yes, although it was a while ago and I didn't take as many notes as I should have done! Need to get myself a decent little notebook for the future I think!