Agfa Ortho question

lharby

Popular Poster
So my chum managed to acquire this via a closed hospital in Italy a few years back. The thing I am confused about is how/what kind of film loader would this be put into. Assuming that it must be put inside something.

It's 15 x 30 cm, so my guess is that it would be used for x-rays of arms and legs perhaps?

He is trying to cut them down to fit 4x5 film holders.

I noticed a couple of medical professionals on here, so wondered if they had any insight? I am curious.

ortho-1.jpg
ortho-2.jpg
ortho-3.jpg

It's diagnostic filmfilm for digital scanning techniques,to high contrast with a starnge spectral response, some years ago there were some examles posted online of LF use but the photographer found it unuseableimpractical.

Films like this are better used experimentally in a darkroom to make high contrast copies etc with an enlarger. Maybe enlarged negatives for alternative processes,

Ian

Still scratching my head for what these would be loaded into. Maybe it is some very expensive lead lined film holder built into an x-ray machine.

When I did radiography of metal, to check that the welding in high-pressure pipe work was sound, we used heavy black plastic envelopes, which we wrapped around or along the weld. Then a cobalt-60 seed was inserted into the centre of the pipe, and everybody went away. This is the kind of shape we used for welds.
Development in replenished deep tanks, probably in ID11 or D76. I think we were fairly relaxed about development times and temperatures.

Back