Having a massive clear out

Definitely interested in an MPP VII if you have one Ian and accompanying accessories.

You know I have one, you've seen it . . . . . The question is do I need one as I have two MkIII Micro Technicals . . . . .

Ian

You know I have one, you've seen it . . . . . The question is do I need one as I have two MkIII Micro Technicals . . . . .

Ian

I meant a second one from Turkey as I recall you had the one at home.

In answer to your question: of course you don't ;) :D

I see no reason why I won't sell my MkVII . . . . . . . . . . . A MkIII is more than enough for my needs these days.

Ian

Wendy,
The Combiplan tank will hold quarter-plate, both film and glass, as well as 5x4. They were once the tank of choice, but are no longer made. They do turn up from time to time. Alas, I have no useful advice on half-plate.

Wendy,
The Combiplan tank will hold quarter-plate, both film and glass, as well as 5x4. They were once the tank of choice, but are no longer made. They do turn up from time to time. Alas, I have no useful advice on half-plate.

That is an amazing-looking thing! Thank you
More research needed . . .

Thank you on both counts, David.
Definately new here - I'm slightly more familiar with Photrio ( and I seem to have hijacked @IanGrant's thread, which is rude of me. Sorry Ian).
Hi Wendy and welcome.

I've seen your posts on Photrio too and know you have lots to add.

I see no reason why I won't sell my MkVII . . . . . . . . . . . A MkIII is more than enough for my needs these days.

Ian
Figure out a price Ian including some holders, lens etc and let me know please.

No rush

I had wondered if Ian had a Combiplan tucked away somewhere. He seems to have almost everything else. Very comforting to find someone who shares my own squirrelling tendencies.

I had wondered if Ian had a Combiplan tucked away somewhere. He seems to have almost everything else. Very comforting to find someone who shares my own squirrelling tendencies.
At first glance I thought that said a 'Columbian tucked away somewhere'. And then I wondered why you had previously wondered that and what other nationalities you had squirelled away and why.

Occasionally, I tuck away a Full English, but it’s not something for every day.

While I do have an excess of most items needed for many photographic formats definitely no Combi tank, I have a Yankee tank I only use for 9x12 and Quarter plate.

I have suggested to Wendy that a Paterson Orbital might be the answer for both Quarter plate and Half plate processing.

It's perhaps worth adding that having met up with Wendy last month, she helped me to finally decide it was time to seriously declutter, especially as I knew I was about to bring back more equipment I'd used while living abroad. After all, what's the point in having good useable equipment stored away in boxes, that I’ll never use again.

So who wants to buy the spare 8" Petzval . . . .

1656668852107.png

1656668333809.png

Ian

Last edited:
The Yankee wouldn’t be my first choice. I have one sitting somewhere. It was useful for clearing Polaroid 55 negs in the good old days (when Real Men used Record Rapid), but nothing else. Others may have had a different experience.
The Paterson Orbital is becoming a bit rare, so that leads us on to the big Stearman.
To return to the main purpose of this post, I’m sorry, but I don’t need the Petzval.

Last edited:
Will be listing some items here this next week, before putting them on eBay.

Two small 90mm f6.8 lenses, an Angulon and a WA Raptor, a late 135mm Xenar, 6 Paterson developing tanks (some unused), a lot of 5x4 DDS film holders. Plus a 8x6 colour enlarger and a 5x4 enlarger.

The MkVII MPP . . . . . well, it's final decision time . . . . is going, it won't be listed, as someone already on this Forum interested in it :D

There's two Agfa Ansco 10x8 cameras available as well, but only 3 DDS film holders. Finally, two TLR cameras a Yashicmat124, and a Microcord. And that's forgetting the Crown Graphic . .

Ian

Please may I have a Paterson tank, Ian (hopefully with a reel)?
(If you have seen my adventures on Photrio this week you'll know it's time for me to upgrade from my 1954ish tank).
Am telling myself very firmly that I am nowhere near ready for 10 x 8 . . .

Will be listing some items here this next week, before putting them on eBay.

Two small 90mm f6.8 lenses, an Angulon and a WA Raptor, a late 135mm Xenar, 6 Paterson developing tanks (some unused), a lot of 5x4 DDS film holders. Plus a 8x6 colour enlarger and a 5x4 enlarger.

The MkVII MPP . . . . . well, it's final decision time . . . . is going, it won't be listed, as someone already on this Forum interested in it :D

There's two Agfa Ansco 10x8 cameras available as well, but only 3 DDS film holders. Finally, two TLR cameras a Yashicmat124, and a Microcord. And that's forgetting the Crown Graphic . .

Ian

PM sent

Please may I have a Paterson tank, Ian (hopefully with a reel)?
(If you have seen my adventures on Photrio this week you'll know it's time for me to upgrade from my 1954ish tank).
Am telling myself very firmly that I am nowhere near ready for 10 x 8 . . .

Of course, you can, all the tanks are with reels, and where they take 2 there are 2. So I'll assume you'd like the two reel Super System 4 Multi tank 2x 35mm or 1 120, a nominal £12 +, plus postage.

Ian

Back