Large Format Prints with No Enlarger

That's really interesting. It does show that printing through the camera is entirely feasible.
I must have missed something. How does he actually trigger the exposure when the iPad is face down on the enlarger?

That's really interesting. It does show that printing through the camera is entirely feasible.
I must have missed something. How does he actually trigger the exposure when the iPad is face down on the enlarger?

I think the App has a timer function which he starts before putting the iPad over the back

Wasn't it timed to expose a bit AFTER he'd programmed it to expose? Dial in the times, filtration, set it to work by hitting the go, and then it switches off for a little while, (giving the operator time to place it on the camera) and THEN it starts the exposure...
I think.....
Anyone wanna try this with ULF?
Damn, this might be my next project......
I hate this forum.....:rolleyes:
I love this forum.....:):):)
Many thanks for posting, this could be fun.

So the procedure would be:
Choose filtration and times for grade and exposure.
Choose a delay time.
Tap middle of screen and iPad goes dark.
Put iPad in place and paper under enlarger.
Light comes on and goes off as previously programmed.
Develop paper.
Presumably it's possible to programme a test strip too.

There was an enlarger made that printed directly from an iPhone. I seem to recall that you snapped your fingers to control it.

For ULF, you might have to modify the procedure to use an iMac. The 27"model should give plenty of scope. Is this app iOS and rather than OSX?

There's an earlier video, using a Hasselblad and an iPhone. Start of exposure is triggered by pressing the volume button.
He mentions headphones, but doesn't explain why.
There's a close-up of the setting screen. Curiously, he uses R-255 in both yellow and magenta filtration. This seems like surplus density and he might as well just use the green and blue. Presumably he's taken the idea of yellow and magenta from the filter sets. I believe some heads use green and blue directly.

Here's the app:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paper-exposer/id1441338584?mt=8

Back