Portrait of my son

robclarke

I am finding that taking pictures of children with large format is quite a fun challenge. This was in natural window light. I used my Linhof master technika, and Schneider APO 210mm, Ilford hp5+ pushed one stop, f8 1/15 sec. Developed in Ilford DDX 1:4.

img336 by biotecbob, on Flickr

Lovely image and pose, come on Rob what's the secret to getting a little one to sit still for 2 seconds, what did you bribe him with ;-)

A beautiful picture Rob and brilliantly executed. To get his eyes that sharp with such a shallow dof and slow shutter speed is nothing short of amazing whilst the casual pose is to die for imho.

Thanks Martin and Keith for your kind words. I was pleased with this one and have made a nice print of it in the darkroom.

Ha, there is no secret I guess a bit of luck comes into it. I tried to be a bit entertaining behind the camera whilst doing all the technical bits and managed to keep his patience just long enough.

I am considering getting rangefinder cams cut for my camera so I can focus with the film holder inserted which might make this type of shot easier. In fact I have wanted to do this for ages but am hesitant as I don't want to pack up my camera to send and be without it while the work is done.

Back