Show Us Your Camera

thronobulax

New bellows now fitted. Still need an adapter for a shutter which I'm working on, and film holder (has been ordered) and lastly of course some film and the right conditions ..... The lens is a Grubb C which was one of the lenses used by Carleton Watkins, although his perhaps perished in the earthquake along with many of his photographs.
View attachment 2318
That's really beautiful. What was the source of your replacement bellows?

Paul Kay

They are from www.custombellows.co.uk - they originally made the bellows for the Gandolfis and supplied replacements very quickly indeed although I believe that they have been slower very recently due to covid related restrictions. I now have three cameras fitted with replacement bellows from them I can thoroughly recommend them.

A

Anthony

Custom Bellows is a wonderful resource. They've replaced several bellows on view cameras I own. The only problem is, if you have any cameras without them - even with light tight bellows - you have to get those refitted also . . . They just look so beautiful, yeah?

I want to get back to Paul's post about my KMV/Calumet 4x5 view camera. His point is well taken: a wood 4x5 is lighter, folds up smaller, and wood is nicer to the touch in cold weather. And Paul's camera has the same bellows capability. More in fact - you can fit a bag bellows to his.

So why do I use the heavier, bulkier, metal 4x5 camera? If this were a legal argument I'd be hard pressed to make it.

I'll merely say this - as someone that's been involved in photography for many years - I should probably have my head examined.

Maybe I'll have my head examined in Vienna! I can stop at a few cafes before my appointment . . . ? But the doctor may say my case is hopeless; and "maybe you should live somewhere besides America for a while, ja?"

Leicamadman

Unfortunately the Titan moulds were lost by the company doing theABS casting , this happened to other companies as well, The moulds for the Paterson Orbital here also lost albeit for a different material.

Ian
I thought it was only the SF 5x4 that was affected by this - Mike Walkers other Cameras being still available? I hope so as I am thinking about buying another to add to my 5x4 SF.

David M

He does indeed make other cameras in 5x4, 7x5 and 10x8 sizes. They are the wide-angle type. I presume that the greatest loss was the die for the base-plate, which is quite intricate. I have one of the last ten. The knobs are different from yours. He also makes the Ilford pinhole camera. A very helpful chap. Can't say how Covid will have affected the business.

Leicamadman

Mine is serial number 005, one of the first he made and sold direct before he had distribution. He did upgrade it with spirit levels for me and made me a couple of extra lens boards for a grand sum of about £16 at the time. I have always found him very helpful as you say.