Show Us Your Camera

I was surprised to hear that the Walker was heavier then the Wista.

The Wista does look nice though, I have seen what I believe to be the DX model for sale complete with a 150mm f/5.6 lens at a a fair price but the condition of the brass puts me off.

I know its not going to impede the performance but I have always liked a clean tidy desk if you know what I mean :)

P6030048June5_8.JPG

Wista 1.6 kg (from memory)
Canham DLC45 2.13kg (from site)
Walker Titan SF 4x5 2.9 kg

And my original LF camera, a Calumet monorail 4.2 kg.

There's more material in the Walker than the Wista, and ABS isn't a lightweight plastic. It's more like body armour than a car bumper made to crush under impact.

Now if I only had time and skill to equal the performance of some of these fine gentlemen.image.jpeg

Here's one of me with the Walker Titan SF from earlier this year. Note that the Paramo focusing cloth can be press studded together round the neck to hold it conveniently; and the Billingham waistcoat will happily hold 5x4 double darkslides. The tripod is a Manfrotto carbon fibre model.

View attachment 36
It is such a pity that they are completely sold out, what a wonderful camera and I like the material on my Titan pinhole.

I think I have the same cable release just in red (same length as yours) and black (longer) :)

Yippee...she is finally here!!!
This morning she was still grey, dirty and quite "stinky" but after a few hours cleaning and adjusting and with the right lens I think she now looks beautiful and I can even see something on the ground glass - had to take it completely apart (fresnel and glas were badly taped together and all mucky in-between) - actually I basically took the whole camera apart but who cares...now she is reasonably clean ;-).

20160830_172941.jpg

She looks a beauty, now you just need to get her out there and make some photographs

She looks a beauty, now you just need to get her out there and make some photographs
I definitely will :) I have some Fuji 100C and 3000B polaroid film packs and a polaroid back to start experimenting with - not 4x5 but still a good starting point.

Looks great, Isabel! I don't know much about these cameras, but now I want one.....
Alex

Beauty and the beast. Just as I think I've think I have sorted the FKD, it throws another hole or loose screw hole at me. Good fun though.cameras.jpg
Cheers
Diz

Hi Diz snap on the Shen Hao except for the fancy bellows did it come with those or are they an addition? my B has standard bellows. The beast looks very good but not very light to carry.
Richard

Thanks Chaps. The Shen Hao came with those bellows Richard. I think they are a sort of dual standard/bag bellow. A bit of a compromise between the two, but work ok. The beast is not the lightest of cameras I admit. However, I got it for wet plate work. So not to far from the droom. At the moment I'm converting a bicycle trailer into a portable droom, so will put a strong shelf for it to be transported.
Cheers
Diz

Back