So each fractional exposure creates + over exposure?
If I made eight exposures I would have to reduce my time by -3 stops?
Good idea to make the point of not forgetting reciprocity failure. Not sure if the attached method allows for reciprocity. Do you add the reciprocity first, ex.?No, because of reciprocity failure, more like -2½ stops.
Ian

When I went to Bristol (feb for martin parrs exhibition I shot a whole roll on my mamiya 7ii double exposure. What I found is if you have the sky in the scene the negative builds up density to the point where it starts losing detail. This happens I learnt when you layer one frame 16 times or above, I mostly do 16 and 32.Good idea to make the point of not forgetting reciprocity failure. Not sure if the attached method allows for reciprocity. Do you add the reciprocity first, ex.?
Metered exposure 2secs
Add 2s for reciprocity = 4s
4s 1 exposure
2s 2 exposures
1s 4 exp.
1/2s 8 exp
1/4s 16 exp.
how much would I reduce the exposure?
I found this